Golfer's elbow

Yes, I have golfer's elbow, as suspected by my mum's physiotherapist, Nisha, and diagnosed by Dr Anuar, an orthopedic at SJMC. But how did I get it since I don't play golf, rarely play tennis and never do gardening? I highly suspect due to gaming, something that Dr Annuar agreed too.

Huh? How was it from gaming? Well, recently I was into a game, where each match lasted almost 20 minutes. When there were more players, the queue popped one after another. I placed my elbow on the arm rest of my chair and must have pressed it too hard on it for too long. Yes, it might be a wild guess but there is simply no other way I could have injured it.

Currently, the most reliable to trigger it is to wash or dry my hair, and to hold my backpack at acute angle and slowly lower it down to right angle. It is also triggered after swimming and so the physiotherapist asked me to temporarily stop swimming.

The doctor gave me some options and he agreed with my choice of medicine + physio. Medicine: Polar Frost to be used 4 times daily, Arcoxia to be taken once daily when the pain is intolerable, and patches to be used during sleep. I find that I don't need to take Arcoxia ever and I stopped using the other two because they're just painkillers and my pain is still tolerable and infrequent. However, I resumed using Polar Frost upon advice of the physiotherapist. 

Physio exercises:

1. Extend arm shoulder length. Flex hand. Alternate it up and down by moving the wrist. 10s each, total 6 mins.

2. Bend arm 90 degree, next to body. Hand hold bottle facing down. Wrist up and down. At the hospital, an appropriate item weighing 680gm is used. 10s each, total 6 mins.

3. Bend arm 90 degree next to body. Hand hold bottle facing inward. Straighten arm to the back. Hand flex up. Then back to original position and bend arm to touch outer shoulder. At the hospital, an appropriate item weighing 910gm is used. 10s each, total 6 mins.

4. Same as (2) but bottle facing up. 10s each, total 6 mins.

5. Bend arm 90 degree next to body. Hand hold ball facing inward. Squeeze ball. At the hospital, Varigrip is used. 10s each, total 6 mins.

6. Only done at hospital: cycle a water wheel at a constant speed, forward and backward, 5 mins each.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant