A year of own blog

My first entry in this blog was on 3 Oct 2008 but I actually started blogging in late May 2008 in a shared blog called Queer Qloset. That shared blog is pretty much dead now. Gradually over the months it seems that only a few of us are actively blogging in it.

Reason why I started on a shared blog was that I wasn't confident enough to blog and that I was also concerned that it may be just a passing phase. However, later I discovered that I do enjoy blogging. I like just blogging whatever I feel is interestng or merely jotting down my thoughts on certain issues.

Not counting those I tested out for a few hours only, the current template is my third template. The first one was one of those in-built templates, where I inserted my own picture as the banner, which is cropped from this photo:

Sesame

Cute, right? I thought it fitted quite well with the theme I was trying to portray.

Unfortunately, that template wasn't wide enough to fit medium size Flikr photos, which is the size I like. So I searched and then used a template that fitted and had a library kind of theme, which was again suitable.

I changed to the current template because I thought it may solve the button issue but it did not. However, I love this current template very much and still in keeping with the theme. Kept it ever since :)

Many things have occurred this past year. Met more people, closer to some people I know, family issues, getting used to housemate and his quirkiness, the "empress" showing her claws at work, financial crisis, first foray into shares, inaugural exercise and self-expression :P, passing exam, health problems, lovely time with friends and family and of course getting a boyfriend. Highly likely I left out some important things but I'm not that free to look through past entries and summarise hehe.

So let's hope the following year would be better. I hope this blog has helped my friends and family in understanding me better. To everybody: thanks for reading!

Comments

savante said…
Lots of us around who have some experience with tweaking blog templates! :)
Jaded Jeremy said…
savante,
Unfortunately that doesn't include my housemate ;)
Legolas said…
Might change my blog template soon. Need lots of time to do that.
Jaded Jeremy said…
Legolas,
A few hours to 1 day will do, judging from experience.
William said…
Happy Anni! Your blog is not a good source of info about your personality. :P
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
Not a good source? Why not?
Anonymous said…
On the contrary, thanks for sharing. I enjoy reading :) Is that your apartment? Like the arrangement of the pics and the hardwood floor. Nice wall paint too.
Jaded Jeremy said…
Anonymous,
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy reading.
It's at a New York New York outlet at Bugis Junction.
MrBunnyBan said…
Me loves the sesame street piccy! :D
Jaded Jeremy said…
Ban,
Hehe cute, right? :)
Little Dove said…
Have seen how your bloggie evolved over time. Will keep on reading so keep on blogging! ^_^
Jaded Jeremy said…
Little Dove,
Thanks :)
Kris said…
aww reading someone's beginning into blogging is always nice and touching, glad I found this :)
Jaded Jeremy said…
Kris,
Thanks for reading!
Pike-chan said…
SO cute!! Is that Elmo? And not sure about the green one... I was about to guess it's COokie monster but he's a blue.
Jaded Jeremy said…
pikey,
Cute, right? Hehe. Yah it's probably Elmo. Don't know about the other though.
Little Dove said…
I think it's Cookie Monster. Might be the lighting making it looked green. ;)
Jaded Jeremy said…
Little Dove,
Yah, I'm pretty sure it's blue but I thought Cookie Monster's shape is different i.e. there's no neck, right?
Little Dove said…
I don't see a neck there. Hehe. Definitely Cookie Monster cuz it looks cute and fluffy. The other blue Sesame character I can think of is Grover. But Grover is slim.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant