"Don't take it personally"

JOE: I put you out of business. You're entitled to hate me.

KATHLEEN: I don't hate you ...

JOE: But you'll never forgive me. Like Elizabeth.

KATHLEEN: Who?

JOE: Elizabeth Bennet in Pride and Prejudice. She was too proud ...

KATHLEEN: I thought you hated Pride and Prejudice.

JOE: ... or was she too prejudiced and Mr. Darcy too proud? I can never remember. It wasn't personal ...

KATHLEEN: ...it was business. What is that supposed to mean? I am so sick of that. All it means is it's not personal to you, but it's personal to me, it's personal to a lot of people. *Shrugs helplessly* What's wrong with personal anyway?

JOE: Nothing.

KATHLEEN: I mean, whatever else anything is, it ought to begin by being personal.

- from the movie "You've Got Mail" 1998, starring Tom Hanks (Joe) and Meg Ryan (Katheleen)

Comments

milai said…
i love Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice. i like this movie too. thanks for making me remember these lines.
Jaded Jeremy said…
milai,
Oh the movie is based on Pride and Prejudice?

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant