Equinox

Last month, for the first time I had dinner at Equinox, on the 69th (69 mmm ;-) ) floor of Swissotel. The fine dining restaurant is one of the highest placed restaurants in Singapore, while Swissotel is (I think) the tallest hotel.

A few of us was there to celebrate a friend's birthday. Obviously the view there is something to marvel at as you can see City Hall, Dobhy Ghaut and Somerset at night. Unfortunately, my gimpy camphone can't capture much of it:

Singapore night 1

Singapore night 2

Singapore night 3

We did walk up one more floor to the bar area. It's rather small. Posh kind of bar. Plenty of alcohol on display, even outside. Well, not my cup of tea really.

The food was good but horribly expensive haha. I had a scallop dish (forgot what else inside) which is so small that it was almost like finger food. It tasted great, no doubt but seriously overpriced (almost $50 after GST I believed). Guess we are paying more for the view. Oh by the way, we didn't sit exactly next to the window. That costs S$20 more lol.

They gave complimentary birthday cake which due to old age I can't remember what it was but it was delicious. It came with the obligatory candle:

Cake 1

Cake 2

Lol I just realised the candlelight looks so fake in this photo.

Will I go there again? Nope, unless there's severe discount. Will I recommend people to go there? Yes, do try it once if you can afford it.

Comments

MrBunnyBan said…
Last month? When you say backlogged posts you aren't kidding.
Jaded Jeremy said…
Ban,
Hahaha. I take my time to blog mah. Actually, got more to blog but no time. Study!
Unknown said…
Those pics were great...All of the sudden I want some dessert!
Jaded Jeremy said…
Boy About Town LB,
Thanks! You're too kind to my gimpy camphone hehe.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant