Road trip to Melaka Part 1

It was planned for more than a month. During the last weekend of May, four of us (Lloyd, Nick, Derek and I) took MRT and bus to JB to get our rented car. Yup, we rented a Malaysia car. Safer that way. We waited behind these buildings for the car to arrive:

JB Kota Raya
Kota Raya: a familiar place for all those who commute between Singapore and JB

JB Puteri Pacific
Was this formerly Pan Pacific? Or a new hotel?

The car rental company, Avis, was a little incompetent in my opinion. We called them after failing to find their office and we were a bit worried about the weather. It was going to rain. They asked us to stay where we were and sent someone to get us. But wait a minute: how would they recognise us? That was the reason why it took them ages to get to us and they have the audacity to complain that they have made two rounds looking for us. Hello??? I won't rent from them any more if I can help it.

Once we were on the highway, it was smooth sailing. Derek slept during most of the journey. So it was just the 3 of us chatting away although I tried to snoozed too. I enticed Nick, and Lloyd partially since he was driving, into playing a game about solving mysteries. Basically, I told them the scene and they were supposed to solve it by asking me question in such a way I answer "Yes" or "No". Hope you guys liked it :-)

In Melaka, Lloyd and Nick stayed at a different hotel than Derek and I. William and Cheryl joined Derek and I at Fenix Hotel. This was how my room looked like:

Melaka Fenix Hotel 1

Melaka Fenix Hotel 4

And its attached bathroom:

Melaka Fenix Hotel 3

Melaka Fenix Hotel 2

Actually, it is a little better than expected considering the price we paid. My only complain is the smell, which Cheryl claimed to be coming from the bathroom. Luckily, it was only mild.

Later we met up with Nick, Lloyd, Ban, Savante and Legolas and headed for some chendol at Jetah Grove and satay at Melaka Ming State satay

I tried the satay but as expected, I didn't like it. I've never been a fan of satay and that just reconfirm it. Others were happy with the satay from that shop.

Right opposite the shop, was this shop:

Melaka banner typo
Spot any typo?

Comments

Little Prince said…
well it's the malay spelling perhaps since the top is more england... :P
tho restoran is wrong to begin with... so untie... mmm... maybe they meant untie ping for the grand opening...
Jaded Jeremy said…
Silly Little Prince,
Yah it's the "untie" bit that's a bit of a mystery :-)
MrBunnyBan said…
Uncle + auntie= untie? :P

I don't know why my mum had such a bad impression about the hotel, lol.
Jaded Jeremy said…
Ban,
Haha good guess! Your mum's mistaken lah. Quite nice hotel.
William said…
At last, I see the vinyl floor!
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
Haha...just realised you didn't come down to see the room.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant