Financial freedom

A glance at one of those junk mails lead to some research on the current approximate price of my place in Singapore. After taking into account my current amount of savings (include both investments and emergency fund), I can have financial freedom IF
  • I move back home in Malaysia
  • Significantly tone down my lifestyle (but not until poverty level lah)
  • Earn at least an average of 5% p.a. on my investment capital
I was quite surprised to learn this. I am truly grateful for being lucky in the accidental great timing in getting this property in Singapore for it has been, to date, the quickest way to earn a huge return.

I guess it's good to know this in case I want to quit my job and want to have the option to be much more selective in what I want to do for a living.

Comments

Elyssa said…
Wow...almost like retiring...I would like that..hahaha
plainjoe said…
"to get out of the rat race once you're sucked into it" isn't that what everybody is aiming for? Good to know you have reached a certain level of security in your life. cheers~
William said…
The tai-tai life awaits you!
Cheryl said…
Hang Fuk nyerrrrrr!
MrBunnyBan said…
tai-tai life indeed! lol

In case I forgot to say it, I'll back your decision in this issue whatever it is. :)
Jaded Jeremy said…
plainjoe,
Only if I'm ok with living in KL :)

William,
I definitely will work lah, at least part time, but the difference is that I get to choose what I want to do.

Cheryl,
As long as the property price remains that way or higher...

Ban,
No tai-tai life lah :)
Anonymous said…
Achieving financial security gives one a reassuring feeling. Congrats for being there at such a young age. Indeed, once you have determined that you are financially OK, then you can be more "relaxed" about work, knowing you stay because you want to not you have to. SR
Jaded Jeremy said…
SR,
In my situation, it's highly dependent on the property price for as long as I have yet to sell it.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant