Insect up your...


Buzzing III, originally uploaded by williamnyk.

When I was younger, I sometimes, though rarely, had this irrational fear of insects or creepy crawlies finding their way into my ears or nose. I'm quite sure it is something that crosses everyone's mind...right? Right?? Surely at least once, right?

(double question mark for William's benefit :P)

Well, my nightmare came true one day...literally in broad daylight. I can't remember how but long time ago I had an insect flew into my left nostril.

I was afraid, of course. No wailing though. My heart beat faster as I prayed that it wouldn't go in any deeper. I feared that it may be a bee.

I blew my nose as hard as I could, hoping the the air current was strong enough to expulse it but alas, to no avail.

Finally, at the risk of possibly being stung, I used my fingers to grab hold of the insect, pulled it out (it was stubbornly clinging to my nasal passage!) and quickly threw it away.

I was instantly worried that it may be swollen inside my nose but luckily it wasn't the case. Phew.

Surprisingly, and fortunately, I wasn't traumatised by that incident. Strong kid, eh? Hehe.

Comments

William said…
Your nostril must be very cozy!
Elyssa said…
I actually had an experience like this. An insect went deep into my left ear that it hurts so much. Had to see the doctor. Luckily for you it did not go too deep...if not..OUCH!!
Janvier said…
Just clean up after insect has been expel and all is good again! :)
MrBunnyBan said…
That is sooooo ewwwwww! I can't imagine it happening!
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
Haha.

Lyssa,
Really? So was the insect still alive when the doctor took it out?

Janvier,
The expeling part was scary

Ban,
Nightmare came true :)
fable frog said…
Should have inhale and then spit out, you know... just like phlegm :P
Jaded Jeremy said…
fable frog,
Ewww. You try and let me know the experience, ok? :)

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant