The next chapter

One fine day in early August marked the end of my 10-year employment by others. It also marked the beginning of my journey of self-employment.

I'm realistic to give this a try and not to close door on the chapter I'm leaving behind. The try-out period is a year. Then I will contemplate and assess the success/failure of that one year. Hopefully it'll go well.

An update on my planned sources of income:

(1) Rental: yet to find a tenant. I've indicated to my agent that I plan to rent out my place from Oct onward, to give Rick time to find a place. So, with my agreement, the agent will actively market my place from Sep onward. Good news is that Rick just managed to find a place.

(2) Tuition: I'll be tutoring a Standard 5 student in KL on 4 subjects. I'm nervous about Bahasa Malaysia (Cikgu William, tolong! :P) and Science. The standard of the former has gone up dramatically for the past decades (hehe) while the latter has plenty of facts to memorise. Haiz. Hopefully English and Math will be ok.

(3) Freelance actuarial work: Have met up with ex-boss and his colleagues. Arranged meeting with potential clients. Have made it very clear that at least for 6 months, I would want to do mainly back-office work e.g. calculations, draft reports etc and only occassional client-facing.

Meantime, there's still packing and moving to do. Argh! Anyone want to help?

Comments

Pike-chan said…
You going to stay in KL?
Jaded Jeremy said…
pikey,
KL and Seremban.
William said…
Bunny Movers Sdn. Bhd.
MrBunnyBan said…
you're going to have a car :)
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
Lol.

Ban,
Thanks. Appreciate your offer to do that *hugs*
Shake Trees said…
can u email ur number? cibetronic@hotmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant