The curry chicken that wasn't

Curry chicken

This is my first time cooking curry chicken in Malaysia. In fact, it is the first time in a long while.

It's not my usual style:
  • The curry powder seems less red than I'm used to
  • Instead of drumstick and thigh with skin on, I used chicken keel so that Ban could eat it too
  • Olive oil and at less quantity so that Ban could eat it too
  • Added a little sugar
Besides chicken, there were potatos and large red onions. The toughest part during the preparation was chopping the onion. It was so stinging. I was about to put on my swimming goggles when Ban volunteered to continue chopping. I could have used large white onions but from experience, large red onions are better at flavouring the curry.

I would love to add in some curry leaves but those are so hard to get.


The resultant dish wasn't spicy at all lol. In fact, the first time I smelled it, it reminded me of ABC soup, likely because of the onion though I used large white onions for the latter.

It was a success since Ban was able to eat it :) Next time perhaps I should look up how to cook Japanese curry since it's something he can eat.

Comments

William said…
Just curry powder? No wonder tak pass. Buy those instant curry paste. With no added oil, you guys should be able to eat that. Curry leaves can be found in hypermarkets.
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
It worked many times before. Also, isn't curry paste is much more expensive? Yes, I know there are curry leaves in hypermarkets but none are close by. I bought all the ingredients, including the curry powder from Jaya Grocer nearby.
William said…
Should be relatively more expensive. But makes a good curry each time. :)
Anonymous said…
I thought they have good curry powder in M'ysia. What is chicken keel? Ban can't eat too spicy and too oily? sr
Jaded Jeremy said…
sr,
I guessed that chicken keel is part of chicken breast. Ban generally stays away from spicy food (though he finds tom yum irresistible!) because of IBS and for similar reason, can only take olive oil

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant