Ristorante Italia

In this game, you are a chef running a Italian restaurant. The winner is the one with the most points and the way you get points are as follows:
  • Cook food with high rating
  • Have the best set of recipe, especially with matching theme
  • Have the best/2nd best dish
  • 'Encourage' VIP critics to go to your restaurant (i.e., as Ban said, bribe them lol)
  • Have the most money at the end of the game
  • Buy wine, especially those that match your food recipe
  • Buy dining tables (yah, your restaurant has no such tables to start with)
  • Buy bonus cards that give additional points
To do that, you will need to manage well your resources: money. Money is used to buy ingredients, wine, dining tables and bonus cards. Money is generated from recipe that has been revealed (and therefore the food is on your menu), wine and dining table. Some bonus cards also, effectively, give you ad hoc money.

There is a variety of bonus cards besides those that give additional points and money. One type is those that give you an advantage in getting ingredients e.g. allow you to buy straight from the crate, rather than depending on what's available in the market. My top two favourite bonus cards are the one that allows you to buy 2 ingredients instead of 1 during your shopping action and the one that allows you to restock a market when you take a non-shopping action.

Ban and I love this game. Recently, however, we discovered something amiss about it: fruits appear in far fewer recipe compared to other type of ingredients and therefore the bonus card that allows you to buy fruits straight from the fruits crate is so much weaker than that for other ingredients.

RI 161

This is where I tried playing the game focusing on accumulating dining tables and forgoing wine. Total points = 161. Can't remember whether Ban or I won this game.

RI 164

Total points = 164. Again, I forgot whether I won or not but judging from the number of recipe I revealed, dining tables bought, and that I won the best dish (evidenced by 2 golden spoons), I probably did win this game.

Ristorante Italia 190 won

I do remember winning this one. Total points = 190. I incorporate Ban's winning strategy of getting wine as soon as possible as well as getting dining tables towards the end of the game. Wow, I won a lot of stars and golden spoons too hehehe.

Recently we played again and this time Ban won with 185 points vs my 135 points. I made a mistake at the very start that proved to be too costly for me. I knew I would lose early in the game but I nevertheless tried my best to minimise the losses.

In keeping with tradition subconsciously, I don't have photo of that game where I lost :P

Comments

MrBunnyBan said…
You surely won cos you took photos of those games. :P

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant