Iori @ Civic, Canberra

Recently, my sister and I had lunch at one of our favourite Japanese restaurants in Canberra. I was prepared to order their Sushi Zen set when I noticed one of the 2 daily specials, which they served only 5 sets a day. It appeared to have much more food and at cheaper price too. I was keen on all of them except for the chicken teriyaki which I was indifferent too. In the end, I ordered it

Iori 16 ori 26_1

Iori 16 ori 26_2

It was very filling and considered a good bargain in Canberra at only AUD16 (original price AUD26). The sashimi and sushi were quite good, though the sashimi pieces were half of the size I was used to in Malaysia and Singapore (then again, this sashimi was part of a set). Teriyaki chicken was quite unusual as it was a little saltier than what I was used to. The vegetable tempura was light and delicious but the prawn tempura was a disappointment as the prawn was quite scrawny and I could taste thick flour. Meh.

My biggest mistake (and complaint) was asking for more wasabi. Guess how much they charged for a small amount of wasabi (about one fifth of the size of the sushi)? AUD2. Goodness, did they plant the root, harvest and scrape the wasabi to justify such price? It should be much lesser than AUD2 or maybe none at all. The funny thing was that they had a book for guests to sign and comment but provided a pen that ran out of ink.

Would I go back there again? Yes, I will but I really should remember not to ask for more wasabi. You know what's ironic? My sister claimed that I experienced the same thing and reacted the same way previously. Lol. Goodness.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant