Lazada, what are you doing?

My sisters and I shared to get a foot massager from Lazada for our parents. The (initial) delivery was fast: took only two days. Here's the review I submitted on the product:

(1) Foot massager is ok for its price.
(2) Red light for all indicators although manual says green, yellow, red.
(3) Remote control case cracked. Poorly packed. No protective bubble wrap around it. It was at the bottom of the box!
(4) Received replacement remote control on 2nd delivery (1st one got lost or something) but it didn't work for the first 3 times. After that, it still wasn't working properly, like the old one.
(5) So if remote control is important to you, don't get this foot massager.

At the same time, I also submitted a review on the seller (Gitaloha):

(1) Delivery was fast (2 days) but many problems later (see below).
(2) Seller offered replacement for cracked remote control (great!). 1st delivery never made it. 2nd delivery made it but it was confusing (see (3) below). The replacement wasn't working for the first 3 times. Still not working properly, like the old one. It would be great if seller tested the product before sending.
(3) Seller's response time need lots of improvement. Seller either didn't read question/info properly or just couldn't be bothered. Need to improve communication skill.
(4) All the above caused so much anxiety to my family and I.

However, till now (2 weeks later), this review hasn't appeared on the seller's profile.

Few days ago, I contacted Lazada's CSO via live chat. They claimed that the review was being processed and assured me that it would be published, despite me pointing out that the review on the product has long since been published.

The next day, they called me (I believed it was a different CSO) and they told me that while Lazada couldn't delete review, seller can. Mind blown. As I told them, what then was the point of review when seller could just delete negative reviews? They apologised but offered nothing else.

Update: I just conversed with Lazada's CSO via live chat. They asked what I wrote because, apparently, there may be "instances that customer's review have words that" were not allowed by their team to be posted." After I gave it to them, they said that it can take weeks to months for them to approve or decline the posting of the review. Wth.

They also confirmed that seller can delete reviews.

Me: In that case, what's the point of the review system when seller can just delete negative review? In fact, I bought from this seller partly because of their overwhelmingly positive reviews. This can seriously mislead buyers.

Lazada: There's some seller that was not deleting the negatives reviews by the customer however there's still a confirmation by our team if they granted the removing the review of the customer.

Me: Oic, so the seller needs Lazada's permission to delete review. Is that correct?

Lazada: Yes

Me: Ok, that's better

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant