Chilli Me @Butterworth

One of the food places in Butterworth that Ban and I go to every now and then is Uncle Kin Chilli Pan Mee (but we opt for the non-spicy one). We nicknamed the dish there "special pan mee" because of the unusual way of preparation. Ban normally stays away from pan mee and so this is truly special :)

My sister told me of another place that serves similar dish:

























We both ordered the non-spicy dry pan mee but we chose different sets. The pan mee itself was more expensive than Uncle Kin's. It had more noodle but Uncle Kin gave a bowl of fishballs and so the latter is better in my opinion.

Its taste was quite good. Uncle Kin's version was heavier in flavour such that you wouldn't want to have it again for, say, a week. 'Jelak'.

Now come the strange bit: I chose the set that came with dessert and side dish. Craving for vegetable, I chose a vegetable side dish, only to realise later that it would had been cheaper to order ala carte @@. This set saves money only if you choose non-vegetable side dishes. Messed up pricing. I asked the waiter to highlight this to his boss but he had this resigned demeanor when responding (my Mandarin is no good). Apparently his boss wasn't in most of the time and so I couln't talk to him directly either.

Will I go there again? I don't think so beause Uncle Kin's version is overall better and cheaper, wonky set pricing aside.

Comments

William said…
Ini special sikit, ada tambah lime.
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
Lol wahhhh so sharp ar your eyes.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant