Mixed

Some update to the previous post before my dad's appoint with PCU this coming Friday:
  1. My sister managed to persuade him to restart using his tablet to watch drama series. Hopefully he'll continue to do so.
  2. Bowel movement is pretty good: at most miss one day.
  3. On someone's advice, we got him a secondhand (6 months old) anti-bedsore mattress which is comfortable for him. He seems to like it.
  4. My sister chanced upon a physiotherapy centre that has housecall service. We hired a physiotherapist to look at my dad and upon her recommendation, she'll come in 3 times a week to administer TENS therapy on my dad as well as getting him to do sit-down bicycle exercise.
  5. Hospice nurse visited and, upon consultation with a doctor, advised us to double the Gabapentin's dosage for night i.e. 300mg x 2 day time, 600mg night time. Pain score before doubling night time Gabapentin: 4-5 for day, 3-4 for night. After doubling night time dosage, the pain score is 4-5 for day (i.e. no change), 2 for night (improved).
  6. There's delay in the arrival of the temporary monthly maid who is assigned to us. So the agent loaned us another one whose designated employer delayed her starting date by 3 weeks. To summarise, my dad unjustifiably scolded her and so she ran away. Haiz. So now waiting for the assigned maid to arrive.
  7. As suspected and confirmed by the hospice nurse, I can attend my dad's appointment with PCU on his behalf if he cannot go. I explained to her that it's torturous for him to move and then sit 1 hr+ in the car to go to Penang GH.

Comments

Anonymous said…
During one of my earlier conversations, I did advise your Dad to be turned often to avoid bedsores. He told me he did have bedsore, but has recovered. Happy to hear that he has a mattress that will help.
Hopefully, your Dad learned from having the helper "run away," and will be far more patient and tolerant of the one assigned to him. Understandably, it is hard to be patient and tolerant when you are unwell.
Happy to hear that Gabapentin has been alleviating his pain. At this point, keeping him comfortable is the goal. SR

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant