Laptop hospitalised

I couldn't blog earlier because my laptop was under repair.

On New Year's day, I started uploading an Overwatch ganeplay and then went to hang laundry. When I went back to my laptop, it was "shut down". Nothing happened when I tried starting it. Also, the light indicator on the adapter switched off each time I tried to connect the adapter to the laptop. Ban suspected short circuit.

My laptop is no longer under Dell's warranty and since it was already past 9pm, I had to wait to next day to call. The other option was to approach a shop at Digital Mall. We didn't have any technician in mind.

I vaguely recalled All IT Hypermart offer technical service. I tried googling them, on my smartphone, and also I might as well checked the nearest repair shops:
















OK Computer had good reviews and rated by 528 reviewers. What caught my eyes was Computer Repair's operating hours: closed at 11.30pm! So I called the latter and spoke with a technician named Yus. He got some information from me and said that it might be possible to repair, depending on what was broken. He asked me to bring in the laptop that night.

As he was operating from home and he said it was quite difficult to get there (looks like kampung area, judging from Google Earth's photo), we met at a small food shop named Mie Cord, which supposedly serves good wet Kuay Teow. I passed him my laptop and adapter. He asked me to take a photo of his driving license.

Next few days, he updated me via WhatsApp on his diagnosis, quotation of replacement part (motherboard) and testing of the laptop after the repair. Finally, I collected the laptop, at the same place, on 4th Jan night. So far, so good!

Professional, friendly and skilled. I will approach him again in future.

Comments

William said…
That's convenient!

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant