Administrative errands

I was in Butterworth recently for mum's health related appointments and some administrative errands concerning my parents. As blogged previously, there was a mismatch between mum's current thumbprints and the ones in her IC. So we once again went to JPN (National Registration Department), having made an appointment nearly a month ago.

I wasn't allowed to accompany my mum inside. My mum later told me this:

JPN officer: Why do you want to replace your IC?

Mum: Because when I was at the bank, they told me that my thumbprints didn't match those in the IC. I had skin problem before and so probably it changed the pattern.

JPN officer: Oh, you don't need a replacement IC. We'll just issue an official letter saying that your thumprints are spoiled.

Mum: So I have to bring this letter to the bank?

JPN officer: Yes, bring it with you all the time and show it each time thumbprints are needed.


We're surprised at this and, rightfully, worried about the trouble this might bring.

The whole process took about 40 minutes. That's good.

We then went to the bank to close two accounts and open a joint account, as blogged before. Unsurprisingly, because of the mismatch in thumbprints, the whole process took much longer than it should (approximately more than doubled the usual time), mainly due to manual application and higher authorisation needed. Such a hassle.

So the plan now is that when my mum and sister goes to JPN in the future to change the address in their ICs (my sister is shifting in a few months), they would try to persuade the officer there to use her current thumprints on her replacement IC.

Comments

William said…
Hopefully can update the fingerprints.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant