4G

In recent months, Digi texted me a couple of times the following message:

"Your SIM is not compatible with 4G! Upgrade to a 4G SIM for FREE at your nearest Digi Kiosk NOW! Find yours here https://digi.my/3gsr4"

When I first received it, I was like, "Ok, I'll do it when it's convenient and if I remember." The message didn't sound urgent, did it?

When they texted me again a month later, I was curious to find out location of the nearest kiosk and so I clicked on the link. Lo behold, the site pratically shouted the message that 3G is ending on 31st Dec this year! Lol, why didn't Digi just blare out this crucial message in the text message? Haiz.

I panicked a little because I wasn't sure whether my phone was 4G compatible or not. It's compatible with 2G, 3G and LTE. I totally forgot about my research when I was about to buy this phone. 

So I started researching once again. I wanted a small phone to fit into my pocket but the two I found cost between RM 2k and 3k omg.

After more research, I suspected that my phone was 4G compatible. I planned to confirm with Digi when I exchange my sim card for a 4G compatible one. As a last resort, I would just wait till 1st Jan next year to test it out.

The process of getting the replacement sim card at a Digi kiosk was quite easy. After inserting it and installing configuration (immediately sent by Digi), I noticed that the "3G" signal sign at the top of the phone changed to "4G", which meant that my phone is 4G compatible. Yay!

Comments

Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
Yeah, I know :(

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant