Crusader Kings 2: Bohemia campaign - Chernigov, shocking Novgorod, unexpected 5th Crusade

King of Chernigov approached me with a marriage proposal for someone else. As expected, he left defensive pact to do that and so I declared war to press a claim for a vassal, which I won.

Unbeknown to me, I controlled enough demense within the Kingdom of Chernigov to usurp the title. I remembered that I tried to do that earlier but game told me I couldn't usurp title from someone of different religion. The king was now Orthodox. Maybe he was Pagan previously? Can't remember.

I made the mistake of not trying to vassalise remaining rulers before granting the kingdom title to a vassal. However, I'm certain I cannot vassalise them because they were all Pagan rulers, except for one Orthodox ruler. So at most, vassalise only one? The silver lining was that I didn't increase threat level even more by vassalising. I was keen to get the threat level sufficiently down to press my fabricated claims on a couple of pagan rulers.

In the midst of my wars, somehow this kingdom gained independence! From history, the ruler gained the kingdom via conquest. It had to be an internal war because certainly I wasn't warred upon. Grrrr.

My warscore was well over 90% and so it would be very difficult to claim this kingdom for my vassal. My best hope was for my vassal King of Galicia-Volhynia to claim it. I was certain his military power was much higher than that of Queen of Novgorod.

Crusade for Galicia. This time, I nominated mother of my vassal King of Lithuania as beneficiary, in the hope that he would inherit the kingdom after her death.

I was third on the leaderboard when the Pope declared victory. We barely started and so our warscore should be below, say, 50%. My best guess was that someone captured the enemy's leader. Kingdom went to the English king's beneficiary, whereas a county went to my beneficiary. Interestingly, one of my brothers was given a county too. My best guess was that this was via my other brother who was Duke of Sinai.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant