Solasta: Crown of the Magister

This game is based on D&D 5e system, incorporating material from SRD and filling up the rest with their own. I was initially dismayed that it wasn't multiplayer and so it's not simulating the tabletop experience. However, after Ban started playing, I soon followed suit and I loved it! In fact, I am playing a player-made module now.

Now, let me say that if you're not a fan of 5e, you won't like this game. I came across a player who complained about the cleric's ability of which later some of us concluded that it is by design, not the game developer's fault.

There's, however, one rather major issue for me: except for 2 major encounters, all others were easy past level 5. My best guess is that overall challenge rating (CR) of the encounters was not high enough but if they were, which is quite likely because Solasta follows 5e almost all the way, then I don't know why.

Here are some interesting videos:

Each time my characters leveled up, game swapped weapons for some of them, probably doing me a favour by thinking that these were the better ones (than the ones I had them equipped). Annoying. This, however, had an unintended consequence: my Greenmage was equipped with a battleaxe that she was not proficient in @@


Lol at the highest difficulty.


This went swimmingly well. Good think my paladin speaks Orcish. What surprised me was that the roll was rolled with Advantage. A friend surmised it was because Orcish language was used to speak with the orc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant