Covid-19

It all started with Ban complaining about blocked nose and phelgm. He had this before and normally it just naturally goes away or at most he takes antihistamine once. However, this time, high fever came later! Since it persisted despite taking 1000mg paracetamol twice, I urged him to see doctor.

Normally at this particular clinic, they would inisist on performing RTK (rapid antigen test kit) test on patient who exhibits Covid-19 symptoms even if the patient has already self-tested. Hence, I suggested to Ban not to do it at home. To my surprise, the clinic changed its protocol: they didn't insist or even suggest. Ban was prescribed medicines to treat his symptoms and was advised to do a self-test for Covid-19. He tested it once home and it was positive. This was on Saturday.

I tested mine immediately thereafter and it was negative. I felt fine too. So quickly got him isolated in the master room (that has attached bathroom). However, at night, my throat felt scratchy and the next day I started having phelgmy cough. So I went to the clinic for consultation with the doctor and RTK test. Negative for Covid-19. I was prescribed medicine, most of them the same as Ban's, and was asked to do a self-test either the next day or the day after.

The rest of the day I felt feverish but there was no fever indicated by the thermometer. I read that it could be a sign that fever was incoming. True enough, by early next morning, temperature shot up to 37.5 degree Celcius. I immediately did an RTK test and it was positive.

With both of us homebound, we were fortunate that Ban's brother was willing to get us lunch and dinner, although I overheard that he said we owe him lots of hugs Emoji However, after a few days, we were well enough to order food ourselves, which worked better because his brother appeared stressed thinking what food to get for us, despite us giving him discretion.

We both had high fever (but only for the first day or so) which slowly degraded to nothing, phlegmy cough, runny nose and lethargy. The difference was that Ban's lethargy seems to last a little longer while my fever lasted a while longer (at one point I felt feverish but temperature didn't hit 37 degree Celcius).

Ban's first negative result came on the 7th day, following by an affirmative result the next day too, while mine came on Day 9 followed by another the next day. We both tested at a clinic on Day 5 of our respective quantine period but it was still positive. According to the government's S.O.P, it was supposed to be Day 4 but the clinic's nurse explained that from their experience, many patients still tested positive on Day 4 and so they simply delayed it by a day *shrug* I also tested positive on Day 6, 7 and 8. Meh.

However, in accordance with doctor's advice, we avoided crowded places until past 14th day of infection. So, we planned not to dine out at all during this period.

Comments

William said…
"...he said we owe him lots of hugs" :D

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant