Crusader Kings II: Deheubarth, Brythoniaid, Ergyng, weird 1st Crusade

Started a new campaign, non-Ironman mode, to eventually try to be a Christian heretic. Something different and so I decided not to play Ironman mode. Couldn't imagine beating my personal record though. Spoiler: didn't go the heretical route 😁but I definitely did something different here. To be elaborated in a post much later.

As another first, I also started as Petty King of Deheubarth, duchy within the Kingdom of Wales. Soon, within the lifetime of my first ruler (a designed character, Mernix Zee Mau), I created Kingdom of Brythoniaid, the Welsh name for Wales. Proceeded to conquer the rest of the kingdom except for the two counties of Duchy of Cornwall that were under English's control.

My vasal, Duke of Gwynedd, must had fabricated claim on the English county Hereford (Ergyng in Welsh). Less than a year to the first Crusade, he declared war on England for it. Brave lad. However, I checked that my army strength was almost as much as that of the English king. So I joined the war to help him.

In the midst of that, the Crusade started and unexpectedly ended very quickly. I thought I had time to finish the war with England, which I did win later, to join it. Darn it. Yet, despite not sending a single troop, my brother who was my choice of beneficiary, becames King of Aquitaine. Ehhhh? For that to happen, I must have contributed the most but how? Maybe the actual top contributor also nominated my brother? An inspection of an earlier saved game confirmed this: the top contributor was my heir, the Tanist, who was also my brother. He must had had nominated our younger brother as beneficiary too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant