Crusader Kings II: Deheubarth campaign - Germany, 4th Crusade, Empire, Scotland

Germany was unexpectedly losing  a war against a coalition of pagan rulers and so I took the opportunity to attack them. Unfortunately, thereafter  the Pope called for a Crusade against Lotharingia that was ruled by Muslim dynastic kinsman @@.

Although I won the war against Germany, mainly by waiting out the 36-month period, I did poorly in the Crusade: I landed only a county for my beneficiary :(

 

I had to reload because my vassal duke, the Prince of England, warred against the child King of England to press his weak claim on the kingdom. Yes, I totally forgot that he had such claim. 

So I reloaded and did two things: (1) plotted to kill the vassal duke, and (2) waged multiple wars to gain more counties so as to form the Empire of Pyrdain (Welsh name for Britannia). The latter worked and so I abandoned the former but it was very close because the rebelling Egyptian duke (they had land in England) was also at -100% warscore against King of Egypt. Fortunately, I won the war against the King of England first and that gave me anough land to form the empire. Phew!



It was fortunate that earlier I successfully press my fabricated claim on the county Gowrie, as that was a suitable title to be granted to the Prince of Scotland (who was in my court). Then I successfully pressed his claim on Scotland (Alban in Welsh).

To my surprise, I couldn't transfer the Duke of Strathclyde to the King of Alban. My best guess was that this duke, who also held two English duchies, made an English duchy his primary title and so it couldn't be done. Bummer. I spent a long time next, thinking about what to do with the title Kingdom of England.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant