Influenza B

I've been having this long running phlegm + irritated throat + cough for weeks already. As at now, it's almost gone. It was at this stage previously after a first course of Amoxycillin but it inexplicably worsened when I was in Butterworth, a few days before Ban and I were going to bring my mum to two hospital appointments (morning and afternoon). Doctor there gave me a short course of Azithromycin but didn't seem to help much. 

Two days before the the hospital appointments, I had fever. At this point, doctor was convinced it was a viral infection instead of bacterial. He asked me to return to him if fever worsens, paracetamol isn't effective in reducing it i.e. the relief doesn't last as long as it should, or it persists for more than 2 days. Fortunately, none of these happen. I was well enough to go through with the appointments but needed Ban to drive all the way.

The day before we went home, my niece was diagnosed with Inluenza B, after having fever for nearly 2 days of which paracetamol wasn't as effective as usual. Then the next night, my sister had it, followed by Ban 2 days later. Goodness.

I tested at the same time as Ban and it was negative. Still, taking doctor's advice, I was prescribed Oseltamivir to be taken once a day over 10 days as preventive measure vs twice a day over 5 days for Ban.

Ban theorised that I had it at the start but I'm still doubtful because my fever wasn't as persistent as others. Perhaps the flu vaccine helps? I'm quite sure it helps Ban: his symptoms aren't as severe as my niece's or my sister's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant