Covid-19 second time
I was infected with Covid-19 a second time during a trip to Butterworth. My throat felt a little scratchy and a little phlegmy late Thursday. By Friday, that became sorethroat and the backdrip worsened too. It got progressively worsened until I started coughing while trying to sleep. Tried taking lozenges, antihistamine and phelgm thinner but to no avail. At just past 2am, I gave up and drove to Klinik Putra (Bagan), a 24-hour clinic.
It's the first GP clinic I came across that required patients to walk in barefoot i.e. leave foot apparels outside. Despite stating a couple of times that my throat was red, I wasn't prescribed antibiotic. I was prescribed cough syrup (Prospan), the suppressant type so that I could sleep; antihistamine (ceterizine), lozenges and thymol. RM 96 @@ Well, I treat the premium as payment for the 24-hour service. I am impressed that they called a few days to check on me.
The next day, it was confirmed that I had fever and so I consulted my usual GP in Butterworth at Klinik Dr Yeoh. I readily chose the option, when given, of antibiotic (Azithromycin). With my agreement, he replaced the cough syrup (forgot the brand name) and the antihistamine (desolaratadine). He also prescribed paracetamol and plenty of rest. When I said that all I did was sleep and eating more than usual because of hunger, he advised me to test for Covid-19 the next day if I didn't get better.
On Sunday, I tested positive for Covid-19 :( It remained positive for the next two days but the line was fainter each time until it was negative on Wednesday morning.
Compared to the first time, it was shorter this time (6 days, if counting the day I had symptoms as Day 1) and there was no high fever (just normal). Fever was the first to go away, followed by runny nose and lethargy. Cough was truly gone only on Day 14 while the rather thick phelgm that was stuck at the back of the throat went away about a week later.
Comments