Craziest peak to date

Recently, we had a department meeting. My boss has been asked by the upper echelon of management to tell us the following:

(1) Reiterated company's priority is to save job.

Me: This is of course fantastic news.

(2) Senior management's taking pay cut to achieve (1).

Me: Well, nice of them.

(3) In fact, the absolute top management didn't get their January salaries so that the rest of us can get our CNY salaries.

Me: Omg, really? Wow.

(4) If there's going to be pay cut, it'll be in April but the cut will be tiered with the highest cut affecting the senior management and lowest cut for the most junior staff.

Me: Please, I don't want pay cut. Our department is as profitable as ever!

(5) July's bonus and salary increment are likely to be small but again tiered similarly like (4)

Me: I'll be happy if there's salary increment.

(6) There's additional gazilliong steps (read: red tapes) to go through if want to hire more

Me: Wait, wait. Chotomate. Nanti. Den yi sia. So we don't get to hire? Excuse me, but our request was made way before crisis came about and it's that stupid big boss that's delaying all this. Moreover, we are not asking for additional headcount: we are asking for replacement, dammit! To put things into perspective: our workload overall has not decreased (in fact, number of clients have increased, I think) and yet staff strength shrank to less than half compared to last year.

I was quite depressed that night. Next morning, I chatted with my boss about (6) and fortunately he too thought the same thing. In short, although there are now mega huge number of steps to take, we should still put through the request to get our replacements.

But it's too late to help us now during this peak period. I feel very stressed. It's like I'm either going to be burnt out or drowned: fire or water, both may just kill me. I'm afraid I'm heading for a nervous breakdown (how else can you explain that I just want to cry involuntarily as I'm typing this). I'm anxious about this coming week as there are like plenty of things to do with the entire week filled with deadlines. Doesn't help that I too have to help my more junior colleagues when they consult me.

I wish I can just quit. Yeah, I'm that weak :-( Ok, better stop now. No one wants to read self-pity entry.

Happy Friendship Day to all my loved ones and my dearest friends. Muak!

Comments

Medie007 said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Medie007 said…
speaking abt working huh...

damn glad i live under my dad's paycheck. hahha
Jaded Jeremy said…
Medie007,
Err yah, of course about work lah. If not, then what ar?

You time will come my young one ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant