Share share

For about 8 years or so, I have been investing in unit trust funds. Made some mistakes along the way but due to my prudent nature, they were not fatal but, instead, provided valuable lessons to me.

During the last few days of July, I made my first foray into investment in shares. At this point, I'm not looking to trade shares but I'm buying shares as long term investment (naturally with regular review to ascertain my view of the companies have not changed). I'll be splitting my future investment between unit trust funds and shares.

As a start, I search for shares that provide consistently good dividends, especially from companies that are dominant in their respective industry. I was fortunate that 2 ex-colleagues pointed me to Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) as they fit into my search criteria. As a result, I now own shares in 8 REITs, Comfort Delgro and SBS Transit.

Please help by taking SBS buses, Comfort/Citycab taxis, shop at Plaza Singapura, Bugis Junction, Tampines Mall, Raffles City, Ngee An City and Wisma Atria :-)

Comments

MrBunnyBan said…
Ceh, i thought it would be a post about sharing your bed...
Jaded Jeremy said…
Ban,
Haiya you ar *smack*
William said…
Hehe. I still not yet devirginise my investment account.
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
Devirginise??
Anonymous said…
Where stocks are concerned, prudent is good. Now is a good time. Try cost averaging. Good luck! From AI

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant