Throwing money

A friend is considering taking up insurance, which is great as I strongly encouraged him to do so when he's young. It should be used as protection. He wouldn't want all his savings go to, say, hospitalisation, right?

He did ask me a few things about insurance e.g. what he should get first, which company etc. Among many things I've advised him not to take up investment-linked policies because of a few reasons: investment risk is transferred from insurer to policyholders; better to separate investment and protection as it's cheaper doing it that way. He seems to understand.

Today I met up with him for dinner

Him: Oh yah, I decided to get policies from XXX company.
Me: What you're getting?
Him: The basic one and the hospitalisation plan.
Me: What basic one?
Him: The whole life one lah.
Me: But XXX only have investment-linked plan leh for that.
Him: Yah, that's the one.
Me: But didn't I tell you about how bad investment-linked plan is?
Him: Yah I know but I'm hoping that by getting it, I'll have better chance of them approving my application for hospitalisation plan since I was hospitalised before.

I nearly cried. Ok, ok. I actually did cry. Cried in despair. No, no, no, I told him that the company does not make it easier for you to get the hospitalisation plan simply because you get another plan from them. But he made up his mind, even though the company hasn't processed his applications.

It's like throwing money away. Much better to spend it on me lol.

Comments

Bengbeng said…
Do not bother to talk. He has made up his mind
Jaded Jeremy said…
Bengbeng,
Yah I know but it's sad lor.
MrBunnyBan said…
...You didn't seriously cry?
Jaded Jeremy said…
Ban,
I said, "Noooooo" in despair ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant