Journey to OZ: The Good

Apart from the bad stuff, there were some good ones although the spoilt zip tips the balance towards bad stuff and especially since some of the good ones turned out to be bad in the end. Oh well.

Anyway, some of the good things that happened are:

(1) I managed to leave office at about 4.15pm, collected my bags at home, checked in at Changi Airport and have time to eat Subway's Vege Delite (which I bought earlier near my office) and to have a short foot massage using OSIM's U-Squeeze (not as good as I thought but it was good enough).

(2) As usual I asked for aisle seat on the Singapore-KL flight at the check-in counter and was pleasantly surprised that they could also get me aisle seat on the KL-Melbourne flight (but turned out to be the seat beside the aisle seat, as blogged previously).

(3) The back of the seat on the MAS plane was a little puffed up and so provided better support to my back (but unfortunately still had sore tail-bone).

(4) The beef stew with potato and broccoli served for supper was rather delicious and better than expected.

(5) There were a couple of instances where the turbulence was so bad that the captain asked the cabin crew to go back to their seats in the midst of serving us drinks and food. Luckily there were no accidents and I'm still alive.

(6) Although I didn't manage to get the earlier flight to Canberra, this gave me time to get a Vodafone prepaid sim card and its recharge and a plug converter. This saved the hassle of getting them in Canberra and more time doing other stuff.

(7) Lastly, I have to mention that The Lounge at Melbourne Airport T3 was fantastic! My Priority Pass enables me to access plenty of airport lounges worldwide (the pass is complementary of my Citibank Premiermiless credit card) twice a year for free. The lounge was spacious and had ample seats and tables. I had shower there (towel, shampoo, conditioner were provided), breakfast, used my laptop awhile to update my budget and then registered the sim card.

Here are some pictures of The Lounge:

Melbourne The Lounge 1

Melbourne The Lounge 2

Melbourne The Lounge 3

Melbourne The Lounge 4

Melbourne The Lounge 5

Melbourne The Lounge 6

Melbourne The Lounge 7

Comments

William said…
Kosongnya lounge tu!
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
Maybe because it was morning? It's good for the rest of us though hehe.
Little Dove said…
I had a feeling you already sat on the toilet bowl before you took the pic. Hehe ;p

p/s: Btw, sounds like a great trip!
MrBunnyBan said…
Ah, the infamous toilet of showers and... other activities! :D
Jaded Jeremy said…
Little Dove,
Honestly, I can't remember! But likely it happened hehe.

Ban,
I don't know what you're talking about... ;)
savante said…
Sounds like more good than bad woh.
Jaded Jeremy said…
savante,
You just counted the number of instances, is it? Can't be judged that way.
Hey I was just swinging by because I noticed you liked anime. I was wondering if you've ever considered going to anime conventions or have been to any already? The reason I'm curious is because my organization throws anime and video game conventions and other events, so we're trying to get some feedback from people who like either one. If you answered yes to my question above (for wanting to go or have gone) then could you also let me know what makes you go to conventions, or if you haven't gone then what's making you want to go to one? Anyway, thank you for your time, hopefully I'll hear from you soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant