A debate on bridge


Crossing the Cavanagh, originally uploaded by williamnyk.
Earlier this morning, I woke up feeling better than the past 2 days. At least the fever was gone. Sorethroat subsided. The only irritating thing was my blocked nose and I was running out of spare medication.

So I decided to drop by the clinic of my regular doctor before going to work but as the time passed by, I felt worse. The sickly tiredness came back (apparently my feet would feel very tired when I'm sick) and I was getting headache from the blocked nose.

After seeing the doctor (who said I was infected by yet another viral flu) and collecting medicine and MC, my mind was still debating whether I should at go to work or not for the remaining hours of the morning. I was standing in the middle of the pedestrian overhead bridge with my mind debating whether to cross over to take bus to work or turn back to take bus back home.

JJ work: Should go to work lah. At least clear e-mails and discuss with colleagues on what to do so that they can do their part while you rest in the afternoon.

JJ home: But I really feel lousy. This headache's seems getting worse and I'm going to faint anytime soon.

JJ work: I have taken medicine already. Should get better soon, at least well enough to do those things lor.

JJ home: If make mistake, then how? It'll be even worse trying to undo those mistakes tomorrow. Moreover, what can I hope to achieve within 1.5 hours?

JJ work: There's that proposal to complete and the valuation to be done by this week, of which I have not even started and not even familiar with last year's work (done by another colleague). Aiyoh, if take one day off, it may be even more stressful for the rest of the week.

JJ home: I understand but if sick and tired, not only I cannot work but may even be short tempered, right? Especially with colleagues asking me a zillion question almost every minute (an exaggeration but nevertheless...).

...

While this was going on in my mind, on the outside, my body was just standing still, frozen in the middle of the bridge with eyes staring blankly in one direction, I kid you not.

In the end, JJ home won the battle. There's still the war to win for the rest of the week. Pray.

Comments

Janvier said…
Sure boh you didn't debate with yourself until there wasn't any more time to go back to office, hence balik rumah?
Jaded Jeremy said…
Janvier,
Haha definitely not. Would have pengsan.
William said…
Not impossible ma. :P
Legolas said…
Whenever there is such a situation, I will choose to be at home. No other questions.
savante said…
Listen to your body. Get some rest!
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
What's not impossible?

Legolas,
Usually that's the case too for me.

savante,
And ignore the brain?
Elyssa said…
Body needs rest!! Hope you will feel better soon....me too was sick :(
Jaded Jeremy said…
Lyssa,
Thanks. I'm feeling better today. Still a little drowsy. Hope you're ok.
MrBunnyBan said…
The brain should be telling yourself to rest too. :P See, everyone agrees!
Jaded Jeremy said…
Ban,
Brain is smart enough to consider multiple priorities mah. Zzz.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant