January's last two days: Sat

Singapore dawn
Woke up at an ungodly hour of 5am but pretty excited since would get to see my honey in a few hours time :) Had rice puff with fresh milk for breakfast and checked e-mails one last time before packing up the laptop.

Since I only had one bag (flying Jetstar Light too), I just walked out to the road and flagged a taxi. It's quite shocking how much cheaper taxi is during off-peak hours. I paid half of what I usually pay for ride during the evening peak period.


Reached airport just past 6.15am and boy, there were long queues for the flights to KL, Hanoi and Bangkok i.e. all Jetstar counters had long queues. This did surprise me a little especially since I would have thought evening flights, after work, would be more popular. At about 6.25am, which was 35 minutes before departure, somebody finally had the sense to open another counter for KL. I guess some people's brains work much slower in the morning.

Once again, as I find it peculiar only to budget airline (happened with Air Asia before), they lied: information on the monitor stated that the gate is closing and yet, boarding hasn't even commenced. Perhaps it is not within their control e.g. it automatically flashes that 20 minutes before departure (gate closes 10 mins before departure) but this means that late departure occurs more often with budget airlines, at least from my experience.

KLIA
Plane departed later than the scheduled 7am and as expected, arrived later than scheduled at KLIA. Ban was already waiting in the arrival hall. I was basically humming happily on the way out and was oh so happy to see him :)

Entirely within my list of "what can go wrong" was the fact that Ban forgot to bring along the mineral water bottle he bought for me (honey, it's the truth and I'm not upset, ok? :) ). Had yummy roti telur at the Food Garden foodcourt (didn't even know it exists!) which cost RM2.20. Bought a bottle of drinking water for RM2.

Melaka
We went straight to Melaka. I had less than 6 hours of sleep but Ban had even less because he was seized by the impulse to clean his bathroom. So, when I heard a certain thumping sound while I was snoozing and found out it was him trying to keep himself awake (silly boy :) ), I insisted that I drove instead. Initially, he didn't get to snooze because he was alarmed at the way I drove hehe. However, after I get the hang of it, he at least did close his eyes.

Met my aunt, her sister and her brother-in-law at Mahkota Parade for lunch at about 11.30am at a Japanese restaurant at Level 1. I forgot the exact name. It starts with S. It was so-so only. Service was not bad but definitely below expectation. Lloyd may already have screamed at them if he was there :P But most importantly, we had a great time chatting. Ban, as expected, snoozed for about half an hour somewhere after lunch :P My relatives didn't seem to mind as we had already forewarned them earlier.

We then adjourned to Old Taste for coffee and kaya toast. First time I had kaya toast sliced along its longer side i.e. long and narrow. It was a refreshing change to have iced coffee, rather than my usual tea. Since my aunt paid for lunch, I sneakily paid for the drinks when they were a little busy hehe.

We parted at 4pm and headed to Ban's grandparents's place. They offered to house us overnight but we declined. Instead, upon their suggestion, we had early dinner with them and their two other close friends at Heritage. Had huge prawns ("Give me the biggest prawns you have," Ban's grandma ordered), steamed fish, chicken rendang and mixed long beans and lady's fingers.

KL
Reached Ban's place at 8.30pm where we then properly enjoyed each other's company. Lots and lots of cuddle (part of Sir Bunny's job description apparently). Played Torchlight and Titan Quest after shower :)

Comments

William said…
Lloyd? You also not an easy customer also. :P
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
Lloyd is ultimate lah. I'm actually quite mild and have lots of patience.

Little Dove,
:)
MrBunnyBan said…
Didn't want you to see the messy bathroom mah. >.<
Jaded Jeremy said…
Ban,
:) Yes, I know but I rather you have sufficient sleep. Clean during the weekend before lah.
Anonymous said…
"Sneakily" was right. Had no idea when you had gone to settle the bill. Cutting the toast lengthwise was how the original kopi tiam used to serve. Common spread: Margarine and sugar; or margarine and kaya. SR
Jaded Jeremy said…
SR,
It was done when you all were talking with the people sitting at the table behind you hehe.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant