Fantasy - Reality

Anyone who have played Everquest would know the spell Gate. Available only to pure caster classes, it enables the caster to teleport to the place where he has "binded" himself too. That's also where he will spawn if killed. Logically it has to be a safe place for him to bind to in the first place.

I've played Everquest for slightly more than 2 years, I believed. It was a great game. A whole other realm was open up to me. I met different people from different countries and background, with different personalities. It was especially more fun with friends playing the game too. The game itself was flexible enough that it could cater to casual gamers and hardcore players. My main characters were wizard, cleric and enchanter, with a druid and a beastlord as minor characters.

I was mildly addicted to the game at one point. I wasn't seriously addicted such that I neglected my job, studies or my friends. But I maximised my leisure time playing this game, forgoing other leisure activities such as reading. Hence, I quit.

Once, I remember, I was in a shopping centre, shopping for grocery. After that, I was tired and the thought of walking all the back home was daunting. Suddenly I thought it was silly of me to consider walking: I could just gate!

Seriously, that was what I thought before I realised the next moment that that was even sillier lol.

Comments

William said…
I usually fantasize about using fireball on someone.
MrBunnyBan said…
Aiyo, you thought you could gate! Hee hee hee. :D
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
Wah ganasnya.

Ban,
:)
Shake Trees said…
we all had our silly moments. :P hard core gamers are a habit hard to kick. u need some encouragement. :P
Jaded Jeremy said…
Koala Express,
I wasn't a hard core gamer, I'm sure. Encouragement would have been useful.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant