My Kitchen

You know how in general that food in pictures are usually smaller than their actual serving size? At most, they may be the same size.

I have just found one that is actually larger than it looks in the picture:

Hainanese mee

What you see here is after I have already eaten at least a third of it already. It's called Hainanese mee, at My Kitchen at Aman Suria. The restaurant serves Hainanese Melaka food. Didn't know Melaka has Hainanese people

The mee was unusual but tasty. It was a little sweet as it has slices of pineapple in it. The chicken rice had only 3, albeit larger than usually served these days, rice balls but more chicken than normal. Chendol was so-so only and not worth the price (RM2.40).

Their most popular dish appears to be the Hainanese curry chicken nasi lemak. I was tempted to try it but decided not too. I try not to eat spicy/sour food from dinner onward as my bowel may still be irritated when bedtime comes.

Comments

Elyssa said…
Hmm..actually I think it is more on the angle of the picture you take. I have taken photos of my home cooked food which looks larger than in reality :P. But the Hainanese mee looks good. How is their other food?
Jaded Jeremy said…
Lyssa,
Yah but this one is actually larger than its picture, which is unusual lor.

Haven't tried others.
Shake Trees said…
aiyar u ah. i tot is ur own kitchen n u cooked. :P lets go out sometime at weekend, shall we? long time since we've met in sg. my turn to treat u 2. bring ur hubby. :P
Jaded Jeremy said…
Koala Express,
I'll sms you lah.
Legolas said…
Best chendol has to be Jeta Groove in Melaka.
Jaded Jeremy said…
Legolas,
Best I've tasted was the famous chendol at Jonker's Walk in Melaka.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant