Sleepless in PJ

For the second time in a week, I hardly slept during the night.

In the first instance, it was mainly due to accumulation of phlegm in my mouth and cough - onset of cold. In the second instance, it was gastric. I'm not sure due to what but I suspect the milk played a part - it tasted a little off.

I was supposed to start tutoring a student in Math today but thankfully I managed to postpone it to the following week. This is precisely why I hesitant to take up part-time jobs with greater commitment to a fixed schedule: my health is a wildcard here.

If there is one thing I miss working for a company, it is the medical coverage :) Now I have to self-insure myself for that.

Comments

Legolas said…
No other choice but to get medical card from insurance company then. But you'll be working part time only! Lots of free time! And no stupid bosses.
William said…
And I thought your health would improve in KL! Tough luck...
Little Dove said…
Still sleepless in PJ? Perhaps your body is still adjusting to the new environment. At least you have Bunny to take care of you now.
Jaded Jeremy said…
Legolas,
I think those medical cards directly from insurance are for hospitalisation only lah.

William,
One can always hope...

Little Dove,
Yah, perhaps adjusting to food here.
Shake Trees said…
the med card also have day care option which is without admission. i think its cheaper. do get a personal insurance. ing is very strict. do get other info.

btw, didnt know ur in pj aledi. let bunny take care u lor. haha...
Pike-chan said…
Hope you get well soon.. with all the TLC
Jaded Jeremy said…
Koala Express,
I've checked ING and AXA as a start. Both medical insurance covers benefits relating to hospitalisation. I don't think there's coverage for your small medical bills with respect to flu, cough etc. Likely only international medical insurer such as Bupa and Tenet have such coverage.

pikey,
Thanks.
MrBunnyBan said…
too much TLC? ;) eh, don't expect health to be wonderful right away.
Jaded Jeremy said…
Ban,
Of course not because of too much TLC lah.
TZ said…
dude, go to public hospital outpatient. only cost rm1 for consultation and medicine. they give you good medicine. BTW, hospital Kuala Lumpur open on Saturday and Sunday too.

The only disadvantage is you need to wait for your time (sometime up to one hour) during the weekdays.
Jaded Jeremy said…
TZ,
Oh yah, forgot about the public hospital/polyclinic. Thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant