Sudden knee pain


I kneed you, originally uploaded by tamelyn.
Yesterday, while walking in the Arena foodcourt (at One Utama) looking for food (the seaweed noodle soup was nice but stingy on ingredient and hence it was expensive), my knee felt painful.

At first, I thought it was my osteoarthritis acting up again. So, I did a leg exercise that was taught by my doctor in Singapore, which has helped me in the past. However, I noticed that the pain, and its location, was not exactly the same as in the past.

Fortunately, it improved sufficiently for me to finish doing errands (with Ban), with some careful walking. Once home, I did the same leg exercise.

Later I noticed that, unlikely in the past, the pain was more acute when my knee was bent. So I sat on the floor with my leg straightened. It was so painful that I had to use Voren gel to soothe it and used a knee protector to prevent my knee from bending too much.

I pondered over this with Ban: why did it suddenly flare up? In fact, I realised then, pain from osteoarthritis usually doesn't flare up suddenly - its intensity increases gradually.

It was then I recalled that in the morning, I nearly fell down when my foot was on its side (instead on its sole) while turning to walk the opposite direction. I didn't fall though and was grateful I didn't sprain my ankle.

Could it be that the fall was prevented at the expense of my knee?

Comments

Legolas said…
Go and see orthopedist?
Jaded Jeremy said…
Legolas,
I'll let it a chance to naturally heal first. So far, so good.
Shake Trees said…
ur rite abt progressive attack for osteoarthritis. gout on the other hand comes as sudden. anyway, i'm no doc but my dad at first thought he had it but it was something else n its cured now. before it gets worse as prevention, u shud not delay go to see doc. trust me, the pain n not able to walk is really no words can say. did ur fall knocked the knee? hope its nothing serious :)
Jaded Jeremy said…
Koala Express,
I didn't fall. I nearly did but didn't. My knee feels normal now but I'm still being cautious.
William said…
Hope you're alright now.
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
Seems normal now. Thanks.
angel rymes said…
I think you should see a doctor to get appropriate medical intervention.
Jaded Jeremy said…
angel rymes,
It's all well now, thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant