Update on tuition

As I've said before, I'm tutoring a Standard 5 student, who is a family friend's son. However, instead of 4 subjects, I've decided to tutor only in Math (in English language), which is what I'm most comfortable with. I may consider tutoring in other subjects in future.

A natural concern I have is whether I'm doing any good at all. After a few classes, I thought that it was not doing badly because he has yet to respond negatively to attending my class, unlike with respect to a previous tutor where he told his mum he didn't want to attend that tutor's class.

Next indication was that he took the initiative to arrange for extra classes with me so as to prepare for his exam, which I was glad to help. This is important especially for him because an outcome his mum hope I can help to achieve is to get her son interested in his studies.

Then at the latest class, his mum told me that he told her he is now more confident doiong his Math, in both English and Chinese language, after being taught by me. This is surely a clear indication that my teaching has positive effect.

I'm thankful that I'm able to help him thus far. Now let's hope this translate to improvement in his exam. Good luck to both of us!

Comments

Legolas said…
The difference of tutoring primary and secondary is that I don't need to get the student to have interest in studying for secondary because he/she is old enough to understand the importance of education.

But you are doing very good! Keep it up!
Jaded Jeremy said…
Legolas,
Hmmm that may be true but teenagers have their own set of problems.

Thanks!
savante said…
Get more students!
MrBunnyBan said…
Did you type this wwhile i was asleep?
Jaded Jeremy said…
savante,
I may do that later but not now. I'm comfortable with the lifestyle and level of income now.

Ban,
No-lah. You were beside me while I did this. Maybe you were killing Tombeth?
Anonymous said…
Well done :) - u have always been a good tutor to me.

-Sis
Jaded Jeremy said…
Sis,
Thanks and I'm more than happy to help my sisters :)

William,
Lol you baddie lah.
Anonymous said…
I once told your Mom that you are a great and patient teacher after I observed how patiently you explained something to your sister. SR

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant