Delicious claypot chicken rice

Last week, my family and I went to Damansara Jaya to have one of the best claypot chicken rice I've ever tasted. It is better than most claypot chicken rice because it is moist and have this rather delicious unique taste, unlike the usual dark soya sauce taste. It is not any oilier than others. The portion, both rice and chicken, is rather generous.

We chose to add Chinese sausage, which I personally wouldn't do that since I generally don't eat it, and salted fish, which I believe is a must for claypot chicken rice.

The restaurant is clean and airy, ample tables and chairs. Still, it's advisable to go there early if you want to lunch there. We were there just after 12 noon, I believed. It was a little crowded by 12.30pm.

Clapot 1

Claypot 2

Claypot 3

Anyone knows what does "charcoal burn" means? Does it mean the rice is slightly burnt on purpose?

Comments

William said…
It just means they use charcoal. nei lam dor jor.
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
Really? I wasn't the only one who think that way. I wonder whether that also contributed to its taste.
Anonymous said…
To me, it would mean they cooked over charcoal stoves. Looked so yummy and mouth watering. SR
Jaded Jeremy said…
SR,
Go try it when you're down in KL hehe.
MrBunnyBan said…
it still looks oily!
Jaded Jeremy said…
Ban,
It has to have some oil lah. Just that this one is less oily than others.
Anonymous said…
oh YUM! Ta pau for me ;)

-Sis
J said…
I love this shop. Hands down, the best I've had too.
Jaded Jeremy said…
Sis,
Basi lor by the time it reaches you :)

J,
Ate there again today. Found one negative thing: they refused to serve a bowl of white rice.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant