Three near collisions


Since driving my car, I had 3 near collisions:
(1) Reversing too close towards a Kancil which was parked at an angle, stopped in time by a family friend's urgent tapping on my window.
(2) Changing to left lane but didn't see the car coming on the left, apparently due to the blind spot (should I get those small mirrors?), stopped in time by Ban's warning.
(3) Changing to the right lane this time but it seems the truck didn't see me and they had to completely brake to avoid hitting my car.

A little traumatised each time. Next time, with respect to the latter two incidents above, I should just take a detour rather than take the risk.

Better late than dead.

Comments

William said…
You must differentiate between circumstances that you can and cannot control. Sometimes it's not your fault. But half the time, you can be alert and avoid the 'blurness' of others.
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
True and so it's judgement call whether want to take the risk or not lor.
Janvier said…
Drive more! That's the only way to cut down on certain things like collision 1 & 2. Then it'll be more second nature to you than something you'll actively worry about :)
Shake Trees said…
walau... dangerous driver on the road. which road u take? so i can avoid. mwuahha... alo drive carefully la. esp when u take passengers cos insurance by default not cover. if cover, its on 10k. how u going to explain to their family? :P
Jaded Jeremy said…
Janvier,
Ya, I know but it's scary in the meantime :)

Koala Express,
Some taman, LDP, road towards Kepong Sentral from LDP toll. I have insurance for passengers but only for accidents in Singapore. Strange hor? Would need to read the policy document carefully once received.
Anonymous said…
There is a way to minimize the blind spots. Do keep adjusting your side mirrors so you can see cars coming on both sides, and even beside you. I read an article about this, did it with mine, and it works well. SR
Jaded Jeremy said…
SR,
Not too sure what you mean. Perhaps you can show me when you're down here :)
Anonymous said…
OK, remind me. SR

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant