Korean, Mandarin

For Park, one of the biggest obstacles now is getting the hang of Mandarin.

It is a language which will no doubt aid him when he works on his new drama serial in Taiwan, but it is also a language Park finds very difficult to master.

"The pronunciation is very difficult. I find it hard to master the four different Pinyin tones.

"Sometimes, because of the tone people use when they speak to me, even though they don't mean anything bad, it sounds like they are scolding me.

"I get intimidated sometimes," said Park with a laugh through his translator.


- news about Park Jung Min, a Korean singer/actor (the complete article can be found here)


Maybe I haven't heard enough the different ways of speaking Mandarin but I've yet to hear anything remotely as close as to the way to Koreans speak, which often sounds to me like they are arguing. This is completely apposite to what Jung Min said above.

Comments

savante said…
But when the Taiwanese speak, it does sound like scolding :P
Jaded Jeremy said…
savante,
Not the Taiwanese I've interacted with before, in Taipei.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant