Palm

Perhaps I spoke too soon here.

Recently, the lower part of my hand, below my elbow, was in pain right up to the base of my palm. After talking to my sister and researching on the internet, I suspected the wrist rest as the culprit. Combined with some changes to the chair I was using as well as position of laptop and mouse, the pain was gone...

...except for 3 spots (depicted as "1"s in the photo below) right above the wrist. I then thought maybe it was the way I held my mouse. So now, instead of the base of my palm resting on the lower part of the mouse, it is now off the mouse and lightly on the mousepad. Also, I cut down on the amount of time I spent on my laptop, especially the usage of the mouse.


Now the 3 spots are only slightly painful but replaced by sourish pain towards the middle of the palm (depicted as "2" in the photo below).

Hmmm what's going on here?

Palm pain

Comments

William said…
I use the touch pad. No problems so far.
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
I'll try using touch pad (likely a little difficult to play games). However, many people use mouse without problems leh.
MrBunnyBan said…
I think you just need time for your hand to heal from the use of the wrist rest.

I don't really believe that the table height or whatever is the culprit as you've been using that for months without issue. Just let your wrist and right hand rest from its 'traumatic experience'. Once its okay, then start using the mouse as normal. If the pain doesn't come back, you're fine again.

Try not to seek immediate cures, remember?

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant