Purpose of having children

Friend: Do you know that I was conceived as an insurance for my family?
Me: Huh? What do you mean?
Friend: Well, my elder brother was the only child for sometime until one day, he was nearly knocked down by a car. My grandmother then insisted that my father have another son. Hence me!
Me: What?! *laugh*

Although it seems rather funny at that time, it is actually rather sad.

I personally know of people whom parents view them as 'investment' e.g. they are born and bred with the sole purpose of looking after their carers (I don't view them as 'parents') once they're mature in future. Oftentimes this is demanded.

For goodness sake, please don't do this to your children. It's hurtful and I'm pretty sure they would rather not be born than to suffer this. Parents should just do their best in raising their children and if they turn out right and treat you well, then it's a bonus. If not, then you've done your best and move on.

Comments

William said…
Things are never for a single purpose.
One in All Earth Past, Present and Future said…
Every child is unique, even for identical twins; and every one has a unique reason for being, and that is not the one the parents or anyone had planned or thought it was, is or might be. We don't even know ourselves, mostly, but just some inkling perhaps
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
There's usually a primary/key purpose.
thompsonboy said…
It's an insurance so to speak but like everything else there is no warranty

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant