Skeptic

A healthy dose of skepticisim is good and at times essential for survival e.g. auditors need it to do a good job. People need it to avoid being cheated, betrayed or ruined .e.g if something sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

Although I myself am skeptical at times, it is not part and parcel of my personality. There are people who embrace this wholeheartedly and seem to enjoy bursting bubbles at every opportunity. You got a raise? Burst it. A stranger helped you? Burst it. Invention of, say, medicine for cancer? Burst it.

After a while, I get tired and weary around such people. It's as though a dark gloomy cloud constantly hangs above them, looking for opportunity to rain on someone else's parade. I usually move away from them to recharge.

I prefer the weather of general sunshine with a chance of dark cloud or storm every now and then.

Comments

William said…
Pouring cold water?
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
Ya, I guess that's another way to put it.
MrBunnyBan said…
I think that's cynicism, not skepticism. CYnicism is that thing which the Catholic church in CK2 hates cos its clashes with the belief in God being in control and wanting to help you out.
Jaded Jeremy said…
Ban,
I think skepticism better describes what I've blogged. A cynic can be a skeptic but a skeptic is not necessarily a cynic.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant