EasyETA.com

When I apply for visa to visit Australia, I usually apply for it at the Australia government website www.eta.immi.gov.au. However, for my recent trip, I came across EasyETA which charged 50% less.

At first, I was skeptical about its authenticity. There were a few people who believed it to be fraudulent but without offering any proof.

In the end, I applied for it based on the following reasons:

(1) There were a few people who confirmed that it worked. I also came across a couple of blog posts, such as this, affirming this.

(2) On the government website www.immi.gov.au, they did mention the availability of visa via other service providers.

(3) After I obtained the visa from EasyETA, I tried 'applying' for one via the government website which then informed me that I already had an existing visa.

The proof is in the pudding: I managed to arrive at and depart from Australia without any problem concerning my visa. In fact, I didn't have problem checking in Air Asia when flying to Australia as airlines are required to check for the existence of valid visa before accepting the passenger.

Comments

OK.. great... funny.. I was searching for this easyETA stuff, based on the phrase "How to check ETA from EasyETA... and your post came out....
Jaded Jeremy said…
ThirtySomethingBlogger,
Hope it's useful to you.
Hadi said…
Hi,

Thank you for this post. How do I check the validity of the ETA bought from easyETA website? They didn't provide me with any refference number and I can't check at the government's website.

Thanks.
Jaded Jeremy said…
Hadi,
Have you tried (3) above? Go to the official Australian govt website i.e. https://www.eta.immi.gov.au/ETAS3/etas and just pretend to apply. Towards the end, it will tell you whether you already have an existing visa or not. That was what happened to me. Hope this helps.
ryan said…
You should be able to get reference number by try to apply eta again on this site https://www.eta.immi.gov.au/ETAS3/etas
Then you can now verify with reference number
Jaded Jeremy said…
ryan,
Oh, they also give reference number? I know they'll tell me that I already have an existing visa. I'll observe carefully next time. Thanks for the tip!
JiAMuN said…
Hi, did you use this? https://easyeta.com/ I'm going to Aus end of this month. Please help. Thanks
Jaded Jeremy said…
JiAMuN,
Yes, exactly that website address. Hope your trip goes well.
Unknown said…
I was wondering how to check the status of my visa and the link you provided works great. Thank you.
Jaded Jeremy said…
Nathan,
Glad it helped!
Tim said…
FYI, you can apply an ETA for Australia if you're a citizen from these following countries: Brunei-Darussalam, Canada, Hong Kong (SAR PRC), Japan,
Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea,and the United States of America. Obviously you can apply directly on the government website www.eta.immi.gov.au/ETAS3/etas or you can opt to apply on third party sites like this one www.traveleta.com.au just like what I did. You can also check your ETA status on their free tool here: www.traveleta.com.au/eta-status-check.
Jana said…
I am still wondering if there is any cost for getting ETA, how it works please? I want to go there during the Xmas and New Year.
Jaded Jeremy said…
Jana,
I have tried both of these:

(1) https://www.eta.immi.gov.au/ETAS3/etas
This is the Australian govt website. It costs AUD 20
(2) https://easyeta.com/
This is the one I blogged about. It costs AUD 9.95

These websites have clear instructions.
Anonymous said…
I just used the website https://www.australia-eta.com/ not realizing that it wasn't the government's website (I feel super dumb for not realizing). It actually costs more than the government charges. But do you know if it's legit?
Jaded Jeremy said…
Anonymous,
I have no idea.
Wayne James said…
Hi,

So you will get a PDF with your visa details?

Thanks in advance.
Jaded Jeremy said…
Wayne James,
Gosh, so sorry for the extremely late reply. There was no PDF. Just an email confirmation. In any case, currently all ETA has to be made via the Australia government official app i.e. Australian ETA.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant