Duel of Champions: a Haven win at last!

Yes! I finally won a Swiss tournament using a Haven deck. Yay! :)

A few points:

  • Cassandra barrack is a top tier deck in the current meta. A top player ranked it in the top 10. Hence, I decided to try my luck to win the tournament as Haven hasn't been this good for so long.
  • I was playing against lower ranked players. Still, they did present much challenge, especially the second player (using Anastasya). In fact, before turn 6, I thought all was lost. I was down to 10 hp while he still has full health and starting to use her crippling ability too from turn 7 onward. By turn 8, it was 1 hp vs 19 hp. Good thing I maintained concentration and I couldn't believe I managed to win at turn 12. 
  • The final player was playing a Dhamiria breeder deck. If he was lucky to get his potent combo (spell hungry breeder + spawning chamber) going, it could have gotten much worse. Fortunately, it is generally quite difficult to pull off such combo consistently and it didn't happen in my game.
With this inaugural Haven win, I have won Swiss tournament 11 times :). They are:

Necro (2) - Ariana on standard and BS2 format each
Inferno (2) - Deleb probably on Inferno-only format, Kal-Azaar on "minimum 30 spells" format
Stronghold (5) - 3 Kat on standard and 2 Kat on BS2 format
Sanctuary (1) - Yukiko on standard format
Haven (1) - Cassandra on standard format

Only faction missing now is Academy. Hmmm...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant