KTM issue

I bought a return ticket i.e. KL-Butterworth and Butterworth-KL, via ETS. Due to some scheduling issues (in relation to my parents' health), I had to change the date of the KL-Butterworth portion but retain the other portion. Got it done at KL Sentral ticketing counter (it took quite a long time though, imo).

Much later, I faced an issue on board the train from Butterworth to KL. There was a lady, sitting together with her family, whose ticket showed the same seat number as mine. I flagged this out to a train conductor and shortly later was told to sit at an empty seat (two of them in fact), while they investigated the issue.

About 30 mins before reaching KL Sentral (the last stop), the train conductor and I had a discussion in a small room. He said that my ticket was canceled and showed me what he received from headquarter and that his master list didn't show my name as the holder of the seat. Based on a guess, I told him about having purchased this is one half of a return ticket and changing the date of the other half. He then told me that that was what screwed up the system: in changing the other half, this half was cancelled.

What? Nobody told me that. The term and conditions didn't say anything about that either (I did check the section on amending the dates). Although he was polite, I didn't like the accusatory tone he adopted e.g. "you should have done this", "you should have done", "kesian that lady and her family". How about me? I'm entirely blameless here and not only there was no apology from him on behalf of KTM, he made me feel that this was my fault.

Later, I did confirm with the ticketing counter that there is actually no way to change a return ticket and that it's best to buy single-trip tickets. Wth. Such stupid system. Then they should just remove the ability to purchase return ticket on their website.

Comments

William said…
Probably has happened countless times and yet nothing was done to remedy the system or at least use an operational workaround.
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
Yeah, most likely.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant