Dota Underlords

Underlords is an auto-battler game: you place your units on the board and then they'll do whatever that's logical during the battle. I had thought it involved little skill but I was wrong. What you can control are
(1) Your choice of units
(2) Synergy among your units (most notably the alliance bonuses)
(3) The composition of your build
(4) Coin management
(5) Actively strategising against your opponent (most notably via positioning and maybe denial of certain key units especially if you want them too)
(6) When you want to level up
(7) When you want to reroll
(8) Choice of items (as loot from Neutral waves)

I spent lots of time playing this game as well as watching videos and Twitch streams, and reading guides. I manage to pushed all the way to Lieutenant 5...and then just continued falling back to Lieutenant 2. The frustrating thing is that I don't know why I can't be in the top 3 more consistently, other than blaming rng, which is absurd.

So I've recently uninstalled it because I'm probably at the threshold of getting negative returns out of playing this game.

Still, it was fun while it lasted. Here are the entire 6 wins in ranked mode:



First win, utilising the items Strange Bedfellows and Age of Chilvary, which then result in the composition of Demonhunters, Demons and Knights.




Second win, based on the rather unusual build of Elusive + Mages. I believed Dragon's Hoard helped a lot too since there were two Dragons.




Third win, based on Knights and Trolls. supported by a pair of Shamans and Warlocks. Age of Chivalry and Coordinated Assaults brought good value to this build.




Fourth win, with composition built around the item Strange Bedfellows, resulting in a composition of Demonhunters, Demons and some Elusive. Picking up Elusive Targets was a huge mistake. I believed Vicious Intent helped me with the last round of attack.




Fifth win, based on composition of Mages + Knights, supported with Humans and Dragons. Pushed quite hard (fortunately I could afford it) for level 9 because wanted to have the full Mages bonus without losing Kunkka. I thought Blink Dagger on Kunkka was quite clever hehehe.




Sixth win,  using Knights + Trolls and, in late game, Warlocks. Made a comeback from 3rd last round 20 :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant