Second tooth crowning: Part 2

(continued from here)

Right before I underwent Xray (preparation of downsizing the tooth for crowning), I informed the dentist that I chose ceramic crown. Since it is a front tooth, aesthetic is more important than for the back right tooth. For decades, people had noticed the 'black' spot on this front tooth due to the root canal. Metal crown, as informed by the dentist, could harmless stain the tooth, which did happen to the back tooth.

I was pleasantly surprised how painless it was, and was without anaesthesia, compared to previous crowning process. I'm guessing that the previous time, the back tooth was cracked and so it would be painful without anaesthesia during the surgery. I did need to take Ponstan previously!

Since this is the lower tooth, the night/mouth guard didn't need to be adjusted.

A temporary (toothless i.e. useless in incising food...or bite my fingernails haha) crown was made and adjusted a few times (it was too high), to be used for a week while waiting for the permanent crown to arrive.

This visit was an hour-long.

The permanent crowning of the tooth was all done within 10 minutes during the second appointment. Just needed an adjustmentment to shorten it a little. Looks and feels good :)

I celebrated the successful crowning of the tooth...by having a bowl of chendol at Kong Wah :P The dentist approved hehehe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant