Nearing the end

Symptoms of fast deterioration according to the hospice nurse:

1. The phelgm wasn't in lungs: it was at the throat. It's normal for people at the end of their lives.

2. Lost even more weight. However she said no need to force him eat too much if he felt it was enough.

3. So far pee volume was not too bad but she said it would lessen and be very little.

4. Dad was being less responsive.

Others:

1. Feed dad water using syringe and at the side of his mouth

2. Medication for gastric once a day

3. Medication for phelgm twice a day.

The next appointment with PCU was during Malaysia's partial lockdown, officially known as movement control order ("MCO"). I called up GH to enquire whether we turned up as usual or not, and I was told that if doctor called up two days before the date, that meant appointment would be postponed. As expected, there was no such call. I called again just to confirm.

Unfortunately, I was stucked in PJ because of the MCO. At best, police would give me permission to travel interstate but only for one driver per car. I know I can't drive by myself all the way to Butterworth and I didn't want to take bus, train or plane so as to avoid crowd. In fact, the police opined that since my dad was with my sister, there was no need for me to go over there. It would be another matter if my dad passed away.

So my sister went for the appointment. In short, there was no change in medicine. There was no fever for 4 consecutive days. However, due to MCO, all medicine had to be posted or collected via drive-thru. Since some of my dad's medicine were tightly controlled, the latter's option was given. The troublesome thing was that only 2 weeks of supply of gabapentin and fentanyl patch were given and so we had to go to GH twice in the next 4 weeks to collect medicine via drive-thru (next appointment was two months away because of the MCO.

Upate on bedsore soon.

Comments

Twilight Man said…
Please remember to be strong throughout and that you are not alone. My prayers are with you and your family.
Jaded Jeremy said…
Twilight Man,
Thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant