RMCO trip

The start of Recovery Movement Control Order lifted the ban on interstate travel. Ban and I traveled to Butterworth, for me to do a few important things:
(1) Bring mum to her Cardiology appointment for echocardiogram

Although it was a 9am appointment, we left earlier to reach at 8.05am so that there would be parking space at the multi-storey carpark. From past experience, any later than 8.30am, there's usually no more sheltered space there and the space on the rooftop fills up after 8.45am.

Temperature taken at lobby. QR code at clinic. From the time mum registered to the time we received the result (which was ok), it took a mere 65 - 70 mins. That's incredibly fast for a public hospital!

We both thanked Ban for co-driving. He didn't need to come along but I couldn't sleep much the night before (probably due to new room) and so needed his help. He got a few hours more than I did.

(2) Settle my parents' bank accounts

Wanted to close both accounts and establish a joint account with my mum (as per her request) that consoliate money from these accounts. However, my mum's thumbprint didn't match the one in her IC. This is most likely due to the severe skin allergy she had few years ago: it probably changed the pattern of the thumbprint.

So we abandoned our quest at the bank and went to the nearest JPN office but unfortunately that has moved/closed. Went to the next nearest one but there was a long, hardly-moving, queue for walk-ins. Apparently they now allow appointment made online. We abandoned that too because there was no seat outside (the queue was outside) and I know mum can't stand/walk for long. Appointments fully booked for next two days. Hence, I got an appointment in Aug where I would be back again.

(3) Settle my parents' phone lines

Our timing was good: reached just before 11am (Digi Store opened at 10am) and waited less than 5 minutes before we were attended to. Canceled my dad's phone line. Shift my mum's phone line to her name and got a cheaper plan for her. Later that evening, I added my debit card (via MyDigi app) as auto-payment for her phone line.

(4) Cancel my dad's credit card

Long queue outside the bank. Hot day. Came back few hours later. Still long queue but fortunately got inside after waited a mere 10 minutes or so. I forgot to bring along my birth cert but my dad's death cert seems to suffice (I expected that though).

The next day, bank called to inform me there was outstanding bill on his card. Paid via internet banking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant