Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - equipment (Part 1)

In this game, you're usually asked to deploy 6 characters most of the time. Since it's quite normal, and acceptable, to have injury(ies) sometimes, it's strongly advisable to have more have more than 6 characters in your party. Ideally, you should have at least an extra character for each "role". For example, I have three healers: Lana, Virgil and Yates. I deploy two of them in each combat and if one of them injured, I'll have the third one to replay them in the next combat.

There's a possibility of both healers injured but so far, I can't recall having this issue. Even if I did, the easiest way to solve it is to simply turn a character, who has either mastered or unlocked most abilities in the appropriate class, into a healer temporarily e.g. Sorcerer/Alchemyst -> Mender/Alchemyst. The safest is, of course, to have an extra for each character i.e. 12 characters.

The 6 characters that you deploy in combat will earn both experience points ("XP") and ability points ("AP"). The benched characters will earn a small amount of AP. Therefore it's advantageous to ensure that their primary classes are those that you want to get a passive or counter from (i.e. outside of that character's chosen primary and seconday classes) or at least to get the bonus stats from mastering the class.

For example, I aimed to build Katja as Bounty Hunter/Warmage but one of the chosen passives, Dual Wield, comes from the Assassin class. So when she was benched, I changed her primary class to Assassin to earn AP to eventually unlock that passive. I still stick to Assassin when she's benched so that she can master that class to receive the bonus stats of ATK+5, SPD+6 and Crit+2, which are great for her build.

The annoying part is when I want to use her in combat: trying to remember which equipments she's supposed to have. It is not as easy as it seems because an equipment can be used by multiple characters and there are many considerations in allocating them. Sometimes I remembered which ones and why but sometimes I forgot and later remembered.

In my previous run, I jotted down everything in a notepad. This time, I took a video of it:



Much easier hehehe.

This was right after the second Tournament and before I attempted Ancient Path.

Here's another, after finishing Screwworm Swamp. Crafted a couple of items:



Edit: Mernix's Malice passive was incorrectly chosen. It should had been Permanance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant