Nearly symmetrical cracked tooth (Part 3)

(continue from Part 2)

Six days later, I reported to the dentist that there wasn't any noticeable difference. So she recommended redoing the crown, at her own expense. Although it was the right thing to do, in my opinion, I am still grateful that she offered that.
 
However, the problem was that at this stage, it was uncertain whether the cause of the pain/extreme sensitivity was due to structural problem of the crown or that the nerves were already damaged. So she suggested that I monitor for two weeks after the temporary crown was inserted, while waiting for the permanent one to arrive. If there is improvement, then proceed with sealing the permanent crown and then further observe its effect. If the sensitivity/pain is still there, then no choice but to undergo root canal treatment
 
If the sensitivity/pain worsens during the two-week period of wearing temporary crown, then I would have to decide whether to go for root canal treatment right before sealing the permanent crown or forgo that treatment for now.
 
It turned out to be much better: the sensitivity didn't register with me at all except when I drank very cold or hot drinks, and when I purposely sucked air in on that side of the mouth. However, the dentist confirmed my suspicion that I wasn't supposed to feel it at all because it was supposed to function as a normal tooth. Hence, I decided to go for root canal treatment. Bye-bye RM 1000.
 
The whole process took an hour: anaestheisa, root canal, disinfection, crowning, height adjustment. Thankfully, and surprisingly, there was no adjustment needed to accommodate the night guard.
 
Dentist informed me that I might experience mild sensation/sensitivity for 1 - 2 days. Hopefully that's it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant